Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Video of a Ghost on the stairs

Is this little kid ghost at the top of the stairs real or fake? To me it looks convincing but lately I've been learning about digital video editing, I can create this effect pretty easily with a stationary camera, shooting two videos of the same scene, then bluescreen chroma thingy to get a ghost in the shot, The result is pretty good and really quick.

But this video has a moving camera and if it is fake it's lining up really good, and I can't think how it could have been done, especially if you don't have the right equipment.

Trying to figure out how to duplicate this is going to come in handy for a future post I'm working on.

Ghost at the top of the stairs

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 PM

    This appears to be an artifact. Note two things: the stairs are not carpeted and what some might think are 'orbs' after the event. In fact, I believe you are seeing dust particles that on first viewing happen to move such that your brain is convinced there is movement at the top of the stairs. Watch the video frame by frame, and you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, very nice analysis of the video, gives me an idea for a post.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete