Sunday, October 28, 2007

Harlequin Babies on youtube

There are two videos on youtube that I stumble across a lot and I'm sure many have seen the videos I am talking about. I'm sick of seeing them labeled as Alien baby, reptilian baby and many other ignorant things.

These two videos show babies with Harlequin Ichthyosis which is a rare skin disorder making the skin hard and brittle.

The first time I saw either of these videos I cried, I just couldn't comprehend such a thing and thinking about my nieces I couldn't help but to think, what if? I don't know, it just seems so unfair or something.

What gets me is that even though its easy to find the real info about what afflicts these babies nearly everyday someone uploads the same videos with stupid info and stupid titles, I just wish they wouldn't, they are really emotional to watch and I have had quite a few misleading titles lead me to them, at least provide some useful information, not just made up on the spot or without research.

Here are the links to the videos, I must warn you though they are really heart wrenching. At least these two uploaders provided proper info about the videos.

Harlequin Ichthyosis Baby
Alien baby, rare deformity of a baby

1 comment:

  1. And I wonder what became of them. They looked to be suffering so. My heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete