Monday, October 30, 2006

Odd Mondays clearing out the old

Welcome to the first Odd Mondays Odd news post. For now I'll write up brief descriptions of each story but as I start fresh next Monday I'll do research into the odd stories.

Little write up about the Okapi a rare giraffe like creature that lives in the congo, the picture with the story looks pretty cool.

A Brazilian Stonehenge has been discovered and It looks pretty descent judging by the 2 pics of it.

Wow Mekong catfish are huge, I wonder how old they get.

















A new species of hammerhead shark has been discovered in northwestern Atlantic Ocean. Speaking of sharks I had a newspaper clipping I used to carry around with me as a kid, I lost this years ago and have been searching the net for it ever since. The only info I had on it was its tiny caption that read something like this "Fishermen net a giant shark with eyes the size of bowling balls". The picture shows a huge shark head on the deck of a boat with huge black eyes with big ass teeth and really bad looking gums, it also had a tubby fellow standing next to it. I've searched the net for it for ages but have never found it. It looks a lot like this photoshoped one only much bigger.
Any help in finding this would be very appreciated.

Possible Abominable Snowman footprints found in Arkhangelsk, lots of photos but some are of bear prints.

I followed this story for awhile about a photograph of a female bigfoots eyes, it was pretty interesting how they got shunned and stuff.

Rare Rhino photographed for the first time, It looks so cute.

I think I may have posted about this before, the photo was taken in Newcastle and it shows a shadowy figure knelt down peeking around a corner. If it is a ghost it's really cool but it so easily be just some dude.

Galapagos Land tortoise is officially the worlds oldest living creature, I'm sure whale are supposed to live longer than that. Read in the newspaper a few years ago about a dead whale that had washed up some where in New Zealand that had an 1800s harpoon stuck in it. Hmm got to look into that some more.

I think that should be enough for now, I've found a few things I forgot to follow up on, should make some good posts.

Oh and happy Halloween for y'all celebrating it.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment