Sunday, August 19, 2007

Have the recent Haiti videos damaged UFO videos as evidence?

With the recent Haiti UFO video that spread like wild fire across the net and it's pretty quick debunking, comes a lot of imitators, I guess trying to catch on to the success of the videos that caused all this. The problem for them though is that no one is going to believe what they put up, every new "spectacular" UFO video that I have seen since has comments like "nice Vue 6" or "we know it's fake".

I took a look at the Vue 6 website and it isn't a cheap bit of software, but it does have cheap versions, I'm guessing you won't be able to save the files or out-put them or something. The site also has a demo-reel available for download and I just watched it, what I saw was the Haiti video, not entirely, but the nice beach at sun-set with palm trees was there.

It seems that a search of UFOs on youtube now brings up a lot of results which some are claiming to be of real alien crafts which are obviously not, I don't mind it because I do like watching them, but when the uploader claims it to be real it makes me feel a kinda of bad for them, instead of trying to deceive people and cash in, why not just come out and say "hey look what I made", I'd probably subscribe to their channel if they did that, just to see what else they'd come up with in the future.

I also feel the Haiti UFO vids have really damaged UFO videos as evidence a bit, as any video that is not up to par with how convincing those videos were could easily be dismissed as a "lame fake", though most with a genuine interest in the topic will probably take the time to look into them a little more, some may go the easy route and shout "Vue 6".

2 comments:

  1. I'm a long time Vue user. I've looked at the making of video and I think it was made with Vue 6 Infinite. I suspect you could make something similar with Vue 6 Esprite or Pro but the cheapest version Easel doesn't (as far as I know) have wind effects for plants so the trees would be stationary. There are time limited demo versions of Pro and Esprite and the PLE which is a free version of Infinite and xStream with some feature restrictions so if you want to see what the cheapest version you could make something in that would be a good way to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Impworks, I wouldn't mind having a go at the software, seems pretty impressive. haven't been able to find a trial version though, may have to do some more looking around.

    ReplyDelete