Monday, August 20, 2007

Some say the End of Days

I say if they believe it it will happen for them, what I am talking about is the Mayan calendar which some believe predicts a significant event in the year 2012, maybe the end of the world who knows?

I remember watching something on T.V about it maybe 20 years ago I would have been 7 then and I remember asking my dad if it were true, he just said to me it's theirs so don't worry about it. What he said to me is something that I live by today, I don't pretend to be an expert on much and I sure hope I don't go around telling people what's what, I'm just an explorer of information.

Anyway speaking of info I just came across a count down clock for the end of the Mayan calendar, which is pretty cool, though really it's not that exciting, there's just over 5 years on it, I wonder if it will be around when it gets to the zeros.

2 comments:

  1. So how will WE write it? How shall it read when we look back on December 21, 2012? We certainly have the elements in place to destroy ourselves. The planet has experienced cataclysmic events in its history - polar shifts, ice ages, etc. No one really knows. What the Mayan’s meant with their End-Count calendar will always be up for speculation. It fires the imagination, for sure. SOooo let's write it like we want it. That is what Chris Fenwick did in the #1 Visionary Novel: "the 100th human." You choose...

    www.the100thhuman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment chris, if anything does happen I hope we don't look back on it as something negative, I hope we look back on it as a renewal, thought the idea of a "Mad Max" era those also seem interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete