Saturday, November 17, 2007

Haunted Mansion Attractions

I wish I had of known about The Haunted Mortuary sooner, it would have made a great Halloween post.

The Haunted Mortuary looks like loads of fun, I don't know much about it apart from it's located in New Orleans in an old real life mortuary, actors all dressed to the teeth in all kinds of scary costumes, bloody props, just your all round haunted house.

The place is actually supposed to really be haunted and they have proper ghost tours on offer as well. The video below looks like a behind the scenes promo vid, crossed with some Blair witch.

The Haunted Mortuary, New Orleans


I remember as a kid the ghost train rides and haunted houses at the local fairs, boy were they crappy, never lived up to what I was expecting and left me wanting my hard earned pocket money back.

Lucky though that New Zealand has something very similar to the haunted attraction above called Spookers, pretty much the same, actors in make-up, props, scaring the living daylights out of their customers. Though it looks like apart from the haunted mansion they also have a haunted forest and haunted maze, seasonal though. It's in Auckland, quite aways from me, but a quick phone call to my cuz and I got me a place to stay woot.

A little photo video of someones time at Spookers

1 comment: