Thursday, September 06, 2007

Can anyone shed anymore light on these ghostly photos

I was kindly sent the following photos from Sharon who has been having problems with here bedside lamp, as in it turns itself on at night, she thought it faulty so replaced it with another, same thing happened so yet again she got a replacement, three lamps and it still turns itself on, Sharon even employed the services of an electrician to check things out, but nothing seemed wrong.

So one night Sharon decided to take some photos, the light turned on, she sat up, turned it off and quickly took some snaps, she says that the room was pitch black while taking the photos, but the results certainly show something.

Sharon also mentioned that other strange things have happened at her home, such as items going missing, all of them hers.

Sharon used an Olympus Fe-210 digital camera to take the photos, the exif data indicates the exposure times were around the 4 second mark.

I checked over the photos but I'm not the best at analyzing this kind of thing, what I found interesting was that what ever it was, it's being either illuminated from beneath or casting light down, also in the first photo there seems to be two directions of movement which seems a little odd for it to be caused by motion blur.

I was wondering if anyone else could shed any more light about what may have caused these, so if anyone could provide an answer or more information for Sharon that would be awesome.

Sharon's Photos kindly used with her permission.




8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    I took a similar picture to but not as long. The shutter was open only 1/60 second. I took it to a friend and we tested the flash in many conditions at the 1/60th setting. My friend is an electrical engineer and calculated the speed at between 400 and 600 miles per hour.
    I was lucky that the object was in front of paneling with 4 inch spacing. You also get a flash drop off affect as the capacitors drain in a flash. I don't see that in this photo set. I can't explain it. What ever it is seems to be side or bottom lighted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Wish I could be of help. I don't know what to make of this. Very interesting photos here. I have not seen anything like this turn up in any of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that Sharon didn't use a flash while taking the photos, which makes it even more strange, I'd expect a light source as seen the photos to at least bring out the surroundings somewhat, but when I tried to pull more out of the photos with photoshop, I couldn't get anything else to show.

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:11 AM

    Even you don't use a flash, if there are lights around you, you can capture this lights. The pics are only lights.I've discovered it doing experiments. Try shooting on a dark room with no presence of tiniest lights. If you capture something, i will believe you. PE/UM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted a link to this post on the Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums, a lot of feedback there, no one seems to know what's going on in these photos, but the some great ideas floating around.

    http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105135

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took some pics just like this, trying to hold my camera steady while shooting pics of the recent lunar eclipse. Same strobing effect. I think that's what you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:52 PM

    Hi SK, I'm the one that took the above pics. Firstly, we didn't get to see the eclipse, were were extremely overcast and was pouring with much needed rain, secondly, we didn't know about it until a couple of days later! We just don't watch enough TV or read newspapers to keep up with the goings on in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Oh! It's Sharon again. I forgot to mention, that there's no way my wee camera would even pick up a pic of the moon or any other far away object with any clarity or worth taking a photo of! I tried taking what I thought would've been a stunning photo of a cobweb glistening with rain as a hint of sun struck it, I ended up with a cobweb alright, but with none of the effects I was trying to capture! I'd had the camera but two days and wanted to photograph anything I could! I've only just discovered the 'waving hand' that stops blurred and 'moving of' pictures!

    ReplyDelete